Sally A. Piefer is a shareholder and member of the Board of Directors with Lindner & Marsack, S.C. She has extensive experience representing employers in a variety of employment matters, with special emphasis in employment litigation, employment counseling and compliance issues and employee/supervisor training. Sally's litigation practice has involved representing and defending employers in employment discrimination, wage and hour claims, FMLA, ADA, OSHA and unemployment compensation claims. Sally also drafts and issues across the country involving non-compete, non-solicitation and trade secret claims.
Before joining Lindner & Marsack, Sally led the employment law team at a small Waukesha area law firm for more than 17 years where she represented employers in a wide variety of employment-law needs.
Sally has an extensive background in employment law and is frequently asked to present on employment-related topics with a variety of organizations throughout southeastern Wisconsin. She has also received accolades as a “Women in the Law” from the Wisconsin Law Journal and special recognition from the Waukesha County Community Foundation’s Women of Distinction. Sally also sits on a variety of boards, working with those organizations on human resources compliance.
• Marquette University, J.D., 1994
• University of Wisconsin – Whitewater, B.A., 1988
• Major: General business with a law emphasis
• Roosevelt University – Chicago, Paralegal Certification, 1990
• Wisconsin, 1994
• U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit, 1998
• U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin, 1994
• U.S. District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin, 1998
• U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois (including trial bar), 2000
Awards And Honors
• Rated AV Preeminent by Martindale Hubbell
• Wisconsin Law Journal's Women in the Law, 2010
• Waukesha County Community Foundation's Women of Distinction, 2010.
• State Bar of Wisconsin – Labor & Employment Section