Robert T. Veon received his Bachelor of Arts degree from Grove City College in Grove City, Pennsylvania (1986). He was awarded the Juris Doctor degree from The University of Arkansas School of Law in Fayetteville, Arkansas (1990). Mr. Veon is admitted to practice before the state courts in Arkansas, Texas, Pennsylvania and Missouri. He is admitted to The United States District Courts for the Eastern/Western Districts of Arkansas, Eastern District of Texas, Northern District of Texas, Southern District of Texas, Eastern and Middle Districts of Pennsylvania as well as the United States Courts of Appeals for the 8th, 5th and 3rd Circuits.
Mr. Veon is a member of The International Association of Defense Counsel (Defense Law Journal Board of Editors), Defense Research Institute (Chair, Young Lawyers Committee 2000/2001, Pennsylvania State Representative 2000-2003) and former member of The Pennsylvania Defense Institute (Chair, Young Members Committee 1998) and Philadelphia Association of Defense Counsel (Executive Board- elected to 2 terms). He is a member of the Arkansas Bar Association, Arkansas Association of Defense Counsel, State Bar of Texas, Texas Association of Defense Counsel and the American Bar Association.
Mr. Veon has secured successful verdicts as a defense trial attorney in both state and Federal courts. In addition to an active commercial practice representing Fortune 100 and 500 companies, he represents corporations, individuals, insureds and self-insured entities in the defense of product liability, transportation, premises, dram shop, automobile negligence, uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage and insurance coverage/bad faith. Mr. Veon has experience in professional liability cases, including medical malpractice and the defense of institutions providing long term care.
Mr. Veon has served as faculty at programs presented by the National Institute for Trial Advocacy, the Defense Research Institute, the Pennsylvania Defense Institute, the Philadelphia Association of Defense Counsel, the National Business Institute, the International Association of Defense Counsel and has served as Adjunct Faculty for the Trial Advocacy Training Program at Louisiana State University School of Law. Mr. Veon is AV rated by Martindale Hubbell. He is the resident shareholder in the Arkansas/Texas office of McDonald Veon P.A.
- University of Arkansas, School of Law, Fayetteville, Arkansas
- J.D. - 1990
- Grove City College, Grove City, Pennsylvania
- B.A. - 1986
- Major: History/Political Science
- Pennsylvania, 1990
- Arkansas, 1991
- Missouri, 2018
- Texas, 1991
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Arkansas, 1991
- U.S. District Court Western District of Arkansas, 1991
- U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit, 1997
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 1990
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Pennsylvania, 2009
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit, 1997
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas, 1992
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas, 2004
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas, 2005
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit, 1997
- Class actions
- Fire loss
- Insurance coverage/Extracontractual claims
- Long term care
- Premises liability
- Products liability
- Professional liability
- Automobile liability