Kyle Roehler is a trial lawyer who defends corporations, insurance companies and trucking companies in state and federal courts throughout Missouri and Kansas. He is a principal and shareholder of the firm. Kyle's practice focuses on transportation, insurance defense and extra-contractual liability, personal injury, construction defect, product liability, employment law, and insurance agent and broker liability.
Kyle is rated "AV Preeminent," Martindale-Hubbell's highest peer review rating for ethical standards and legal ability. Kyle is also recognized by his peers as a Super Lawyer in personal injury defense, as published by American Lawyer Media and Kansas City Magazine. The Super Lawyers designation is reserved for the top 5% of the bar in Missouri and Kansas.
Kyle is a frequent speaker on personal injury, construction defect, and bad faith litigation at national conferences throughout the country. In October 2015, he spoke at the PLRB Large Loss Conference in Washington, DC on Strategies for Avoiding Common Bad Faith Scenarios. In April 2016, he spoke at the PLRB Claims Conference in San Antonio, Texas, on Restaurant & Bar Liability.
- ◦University of Kansas School of Law, Lawrence, Kansas; 1999 J.D.
- ◦Baker University, 1996 B.A.
- ◦Harlaxton College, Grantham, England; 1995
- ◦Missouri (state & federal)
- ◦Kansas (state & federal)
- ◦Claims & Litigation Management Alliance
- ◦National Retail & Restaurant Defense Association
- ◦Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers
- ◦Property Loss Research Bureau/Liability Insurance Research Bureau — Affiliated Member
- ◦Transportation Lawyers Association
- Bad Faith and Extra-Contractual Liability, Employment Counseling and Litigation, Insurance Coverage
Presentations And Publications
- Avoiding Common Bad Faith Scenarios, PLRB Large Loss Conference, Washington, DC, Oct. 2015
- ◦Emerging Issues in Construction Defect Coverage Litigation, PLRB Regional Conference, Columbus, OH, Sept. 2015
- ◦First Annual Bad Faith Litigation Strategies ExecuSummit, Uncasville, CT, Nov. 2014
- ◦Civil Court Judicial Forum, Moderator, National Business Institute, Kansas City, MO, Jun. 2014
- ◦Emerging Trends in First and Third Party Bad Faith Actions, PLRB Claims Conference, Indianapolis, IN, Apr. 2014
- ◦Adjusting a Construction Site Accident Claim, PLRB Large Loss Conference, Jacksonville, FL, Nov. 2013
- ◦Litigating Slip, Trip, and Fall Cases, National Business Institute, Overland Park, KS, May 2013
- ◦Ethics for Liability Adjusters, PLRB Claims Conference, Boston, MA, Mar. 2013
- ◦Litigating Bad Stop Wrongful Imprisonment Claims, CLM Retail, Restaurant & Hospitality Conference, Atlanta, GA, Feb. 2013
- The Storm of Coverage Questions is Approaching — Will Contractors be Covered for Chinese Drywall Claims?, Coverage, pp. 1, 14–21 (July/August 2010)
- ◦Deposing Plaintiff's Treating Doctor, For the Defense, pp. 24–28 (April 2010)
- ◦Will Contractors Be Covered — Chinese Drywall Claims, For the Defense, pp. 18–24 (March 2010)
- ◦Investigating Negligent Hiring Claims, Claims Advisor, pp. 46–51 (Winter 2009)