Janet Brooks Holmes, a Partner at the McKay Firm, specializes in all areas of civil litigation, including cases involving trucking and transportation defense, professional liability defense, products liability defense, governmental entities and individuals, insurance defense, medical malpractice defense and coverage issues, commercial litigation, telecommunications litigation, and representation of employers in employment litigation. With over 20 years of litigation experience, Janet has tried cases in state and federal court and has argued before state and federal appellate courts. Janet is a native of Greenville County, South Carolina, and has two children.
After receiving her B.A. from Clemson University, she went on to get her J.D. from the University of South Carolina. She is a member of the South Carolina Bar Association, Federal Bar Association-South Carolina Chapter-Board Member & 2016-2017 Slate of Officers-Treasurer, Merit Panel for United States Magistrate Judge: 2011, 2014, & 2016, South Carolina Defense Trial Attorney's Association, and a Barrister Member of the John Belton O'Neall Inn of Court. She is also a member of the Miss South Carolina Scholarship Organization Board of Directors, Miss South Carolina United States-1995, City Year, Former Attorney Coach for the South Carolina Bar Mock Trial Middle School Competition, and the South Carolina Supreme Court Lawyer Mentoring Pilot Program, 2010-2011.
- Clemson University, B.A., cum laude, 1984
- University of South Carolina School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 1988
- 1988, South Carolina
- 1988, U.S. District Court, District of South Carolina
- 2001, U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- Richland County Bar Association
- South Carolina Bar
- American Bar Association
- Board Member SC Chapter Federal Bar Association
- John Belton O'Neall Inn of Court
- South Carolina Defense Trial Attorney’s Association